Friday, May 9, 2014

DON'T BUY A NO! NO!

My son and I were watching the infomercial for the NO! NO! one night and when it was over we just looked at each other and laughed. 

"Yah, right!" my son piped up.

To which I replied, "I know, eh, how stupid do they think we are? Who's gonna buy such a thing? And what about the price? Really? Three hundred dollars for that!"

About a year later we were at the mall shopping and guess what? We went into that store where they sell all the stuff advertised on TV and saw the NO! NO! there and after the salesclerk gave us a demonstration we decided to buy it. And, yes, it did cost over three hundred dollars, the price just didn't go down at all. (I thought that was a good sign.)

We took it home and I tried it.

Now before I give you my ten cents on this little appliance let me tell you what you are supposed to do.

First, remove the cover and snap the Thermicon tip in place. Next, just charge it up and turn it on. You can tell it is on if the Status Screen is showing. Adjust the Treatment Level. Press the button under the status screen to adjust your treatment level. Always begin at the lowest treatment level and work your way up. The Treatment Level icon appears first then automatically switches to the Tip Status icon when you begin to glide. Check the icon to see what information is currently displayed.

Glide no!no! over your skin at a 90ยบ angle with the roller flat against the skin and the status screen facing you. Glide in one direction in one slow, smooth motion. Glide upwards and towards your body, against the grain of hair growth. Keep the blue light steady. If it flickers, adjust your speed.

* The red light will turn on if you are not gliding properly. Simply restart your no!no! and let the blue light guide you. 

After you do that, you have to buff. For a smooth finish, hold the Buffer by the flaps and firmly rub in a circular or back-and-forth motion over the treated area. You use the provided buffer because, the manufacturer says, “without buffing, crystallized hair remains in place, giving your skin a prickly feel.”

Use a moisturizing lotion like no!no! Smooth After Treatment Cream after you no!no!

The claim to fame is that after using no! no! you can go weeks without shaving and it is painless and effective, but you have to use it about 60 days before you start seeing any results, even though on the TV commercial they tell you that you can see results right away.

Here's my ten cents:

Okay, so using the no! no! was no problem at all. It was very easy to use. The problem was that it wasn't even cutting, or "burning" any hair whatsoever. Every now and again though I did smell the burning of hair, but not with every stroke. And yes, I was using it properly, the thing just would not "catch" any hair. I used it on my face and neck, on my underarms, and on my legs, and got the same result. This thing they call a Thermicon tip is just a wire, attached to some plastic, that hovers just above the skin, so therefore, it does not and can not give you a "just waxed feeling" as they say on TV. It cannot touch the skin because it gets hot and will burn your skin. 

When I first used it I used up about an hour of my time (it would have taken me all of two minutes to shave my legs and underarms in the shower with a razor) to go over my face, underarms, and legs. You have to go over one stroke at least four times.

After using the no! no! you are supposed to smooth out the area using this circular piece of sponge with some very fine sand paper glued to it.  I still had hair on my legs in most places and stubble in a few places where the thing burned just the tips of the hair. I believe the buffer was buffing away more of the hair on my leg, and there is a product similar to this one that is designed for the face and works like sandpaper to remove the hair. 

The final step is to moisturize with this special moisturizer, which cost about fifty dollars. Need I say more?

All right, so the no! no! didn't really work as well as they said, but they did say to keep using it for about six weeks to see a result, so I used it 3-4 times a week on my face, underarms, and legs. I did not shave with a razor. After about a month, I had to shave my underarms, because I couldn't stand it any longer! The no! no! did not work at all for my underarms. Then I began to notice that the skin on my face started looking like snake skin. My skin was drying out even though I was using the recommended skin moisturizer. I was even using my regular moisturizers and keeping up with my same skin care regime. So, I stopped using the no! no! on my face and within a month my skin returned to normal. 

I kept using the no! no! on my legs once a week for four months then I gave up. It did not work at all. My legs remained hairy throughout that time.

After that I went online and perused the reviews and I did not find one reviewer who was satisfied with the product. Moreover, those who got their money back were those who demanded a refund, threatened to sue, and just kept calling for months until they finally got a refund.

At this point I don't know what I am going to do yet. I will definitely write a letter, but I doubt if I'll get my money back. Either way consider yourself warned. Don't waste your hard earned money like I did. 

Lesson learned.