Tuesday, March 17, 2015

THE SHADOW OF HIM IN HER EYES


Sometimes, while browsing and perusing blogs, I come across something that really speaks to me: a photograph that captures something familiar from my past, a portrait with eyes that see into my soul, or someone's words that keep me up at night. The following is an example of such. Copied with permission. 







A POEM BY JAMISON



can't look back
at what we were

i still don't understand it

can't think of you
and where we stood

i still can't face it

was i the bad one
the whole time?

did i not give you
every chance to be mine?

could your heart
ever truly turn

from the thought
of her
to the reality
of me?

how could i have
shown you
all i had

and still not see

that you never looked
at me

as any more
than a distraction

of the pain
you left behind



Please visit her site for more provoking prose. Click on any link below.