Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A GREAT START TO SUMMER



Not only was Sunday, June 21, the first day of summer, but it was also Father's Day, and what better way to celebrate than watching the Blue Jays play at the Rogers Centre.



Okay, so they lost on Sunday, but it's not whether they win or lose, well at least not for me, it's the excitement of the game. The home runs, the fabulous catches in the outfield, the stance of the pitchers; the decisions of the umpires, the popcorn and beer vendors, and the camaraderie of the fans.


It was our first time ever watching a MLB game, not as exciting as a basketball game, but nonetheless, despite the pace, it went fairly quickly. It was great to see the entire field, instead of just the bits and pieces you see on TV. I grew up on baseball and have always wanted to see the Blue Jays play, but never got around to it until now, and I have to say, I wasn't disappointed. As a kid, baseball was my sport of choice, and we played, a lot. As a matter of fact, I don't remember being interested in hockey or any other ball sport. It was really nice to finally fulfil a childhood dream. Thanks, Blue Jays, and good luck with the season.