Monday, May 30, 2016

BRAMPTON RIB N ROLL

The Annual Brampton Rib N Roll, sponsored by the Rotary Club of Brampton, began in Gage Park on Friday evening, May 27th, 2016, with lots to eat, lots to drink, and a great flood of music from the bandstand. I'm sure it was another great success.

This year I had the opportunity to listen to a great band called Absolute Journey. At first, I was a bit skeptic, however, after they sang a few familiar songs, I began to really enjoy them. I'd never heard of them before, but I think they did a pretty good job. Journey was one of my favorite bands back in the day. It's interesting how life just takes things away and then brings them back at about the right time, like music. Before I had my child, who is now 15, I used to listen to a lot of music: hard rock, pop, country. Then when I had my boy all I listened to was what he liked. Now, I am able to listen to what I like and what I used to like--old things become new again. 

We bought our ribs from Louisiana's Bbq this year and they were quite tender, just fell off the bone. Jack's Boathouse, Turtle Jack's, and a few other vendors were also burning up the bbq.

Also, new to me, was another sponsor: Ward Funeral Homes. They have been in the funeral home business for over a hundred years, spanning four generations. Founder W.J. Ward had a personal vision regarding families that resonates to this day, and now Sundays at the Rib N Roll have been named Ward Family Day.

The Brampton Rib N Roll is a great event for the whole family and brings together all Bramptonians, which is a great thing as this city is filled with many different people from all walks of life.

So, if you're around next year, come on over and check it out. 

Here are a few pics from years past and present.


Absolute Journey


Lead Singer, Absolute Journey

Absolute Journey

Fries and Hot Dog for Ma

Ribs for the Man

Funnel Cake for dessert