Monday, May 30, 2016

MAY TWO-FOUR WEEKEND AT RICE LAKE

For the May two-four weekend I rented a cottage on the shores of Rice Lake and didn’t do a damn thing the entire weekend, aside from bbq-ing and washing a few dishes. I worked until 3pm that Friday (20th); my partner picked me up from work. When we got home we packed the cooler, grabbed some blankets and pillows, some clothes and supplies, and headed East on the 401.

Rice Lake is situated just north of Cobourg, just a half hour drive off the 401, which lies within the border of Northumberland County. Beautiful, scenic, serene country awaits you in this part of Ontario, and just a short drive from the GTA.

Muskie Bay Resort is where we booked and the cottage we stayed at was situated in a very secluded area with a fantastic view of the lake. A home away from home, with everything you could need. The best part: no TV!  All I did the whole weekend was lie in the sun, eat, try to beat the guys on Monopoly, and get out in the boat. We didn’t do any fishing, but a day out on that lake was heavenly. There’s just something about the fresh air and spray of water that tickles the soul.

When I’m out of the city, it’s like being in another world. I don’t think about work, I don’t think about money, I don’t think about anything. There’s no stress, no worries, and it seems like nothing can go wrong. And, on another note, my sinuses clear up! It was a fantastic weekend, with great weather, great food, and a great time together as a family. And take it from me, there’s nothing like being with the ones you love.

It was hard to leave that place and head back into the city. On my way back, my sinuses started to act up and that weird smell of the city came crawling back into my nose.

When I got in the house and got settled away, I went online and browsed places for our next trip. Planning a trip keeps my mind constantly going, which is something I need, since I’m a Gemini. And, hey, it’s summertime! After that long winter, I like to take advantage of every day of summer, because before you know it, it’s fall again.


Here are a few photos of our trip.